Let’s face it, not everyone has enough money to get plastic surgery, and a nose that looks too long, too thick, or otherwise draws unwanted attention in public can be a real hassle.
Fortunately, there are ways around the problem. Using a nose shaping product, or even a basic makeup kit with a few “strategic” additions can help you get the look you want without having to spend any amount on expensive plastic surgery.
How to Use Makeup for a smaller Looking Nose
To get a slimmer looking nose without having to spend a lot of money on surgery, there’s a simple technique you can use that only requires some good quality make-up, a few basic preparation steps, and a few reliable, accurate brushes.
First, keep in mind that you will need two foundations for this to work – your regular foundation with its color matching your skin tone as accurately as possible, and a second, slightly darker foundation that you will be using to contour your nose and make it look smaller.
Here are the steps to take:
- Have your foundation and all your tools at the ready. Make sure you prepare some angled brushes with small bristles for better control, a soft brush to help with blending and a make-up sponge, if you need one. Clean all brushes first, if they were previously used.
- Carefully wash your face, and prepare it for the contouring process. Apply the foundation that closely matches your skin all over your face.
- Use the other foundation to create a few slim contour lines around your nose and nostrils, blending the edges with the underlying foundation to avoid making the contrast stand out. Make sure you only use a very tiny amount of the product. Remember, subtlety is key!
- Disguise the tip of your nose by connecting the two darker contours on the side of your nose with an arrow shape. Make the center of the arrow the bottom center of your nose tip.
- Using the lighter foundation, draw a straight line along the center of your nose, filling in the open space left by the contours (use a fresh brush).
- Finally, using a sponge or a brush, blend your makeup.
Additional methods can also work quite well, such as drawing attention away from your nose by reducing shine and oily skin with the help of blotting paper and finishing powder.
You can also use eyeliner to create a cat eye and draw attention away from your nose. Further emphasize your eyes with faux lashes and sparkling styles, as long as the occasion permits it.
How to Choose a Nose Shaping Product
Nose reshaping tools can also be used to correct mild imperfections of the nose over time, or to even make it look smaller. The theory behind it is that the device, used for a certain amount of time on a daily basis, will reshape the cartilage and flesh on a certain area of your nose (such as your nostrils or tip) in order to lift it up, make it look slimmer, or give the appearance of a smaller nose.
When choosing one of these devices, it’s extremely important to look for actual user reviews, and see what people who tried it have to say. Avoid overly cheap products that promise fast results, but have no testimonials. Also, don’t expect “magic results” with these products. They are simply meant to make your nose look a little better.